New Hwy 60 detour begins May 16 from Hwy 52 to Zumbro Falls
ZUMBRO FALLS, Minn. — Motorists using Highway 60 between Zumbro Falls and Highway 52 will begin a new detour starting May 16 when crews begin culvert replacement that’s part of the Highway 60 construction project, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
MnDOT’s contractor, Rochester Sand & Gravel, will replace culverts west of Wabasha County Road 3 at Zumbro Falls. The detour of eastbound Highway 60 during this stage is Highway 58 north from Zumbrota to Goodhue and Wabasha County Road 16 east to Highway 63 north of Zumbro Falls. The detour for westbound is in reverse. Motorists may use county roads to access their homes and cross Highway 60 at points through the project area.
During the project, crews will reconstruct Highway 60 in Zumbro Falls, replace culverts and bridges along the route as well as repave the road from Zumbro Falls (Highway 63) to Highway 52. Construction is expected to be completed in October.
The project began earlier this month.
• Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution
• Stay alert; work zones constantly change
• Watch for workers and slow moving equipment
• Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
• Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
• Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times