Highway 28 lane closures between Swanville and Grey Eagle begin June 22
BAXTER, Minn.— Motorists can expect periodic lane closures and delays as crews resurface Highway 28 between Swanville in Morrison County, and Grey Eagle in Todd County.
Work will occur sunrise to sunset and will take up to three good weather days to complete.
Motorists will encounter periodic lane closures, lane shifts, flaggers and use of a pilot car. Work will be done in segments, so expect the work area to change and move.
MnDOT advises travelers to always slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution. Other reminders:
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
MnDOT will micro-surface the pavement, which will renew the road surface, seal minor cracks and other irregularities, such as pavement wheel ruts. When complete, motorists will notice a smoother ride.
# # #