Hwy 19 Redwood Falls bridge closure extended to 5 pm, July 1
WILLMAR, Minn. – A temporary detour for the Highway 19 bridge repair project in Redwood Falls has been extended until 5:00 p.m., Friday, July 1. The bridge is closed to allow concrete to cure, and the required strength outcome hasn’t reached 100 percent. Allowing the bridge to cure without vibrations from traffic prevents cracking of the new concrete, adding years to the bridge’s lifespan.
Strength tests are taken periodically during the curing process and when 100 percent strength is achieved, the bridge will reopen to traffic.
The detour follows County Road 17/Laser Avenue, County Road 25, River Road, and Redwood 101, see attached map.
The project includes repairing and resurfacing the bridge over the Redwood River just west of U.S. Highway 71 in Redwood Falls. Deteriorated concrete deck and approach panels will be replaced; the bridge railing will be repaired; and the pedestrian access to the west side of the bridge will be updated to meet current Americans with Disabilities Act standards.
Work zone reminders
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times