Hwy 71/19 reduced to one lane between Redwood Falls and Morton beginning July 11
WILLMAR, Minn. – U.S. Highway 71/Highway 19 will be reduced to one lane from Noble Avenue (Redwood Falls) to Redwood County Road 2 (west of Morton), beginning Monday, July 11. The lane closures are necessary to create a work zone for MnDOT bridge maintenance crews to replace an approach panel. A width limit of 12 feet will be in effect.
Portable signal lights will direct travelers. Drivers should slow down and use caution through the work zone. Short delays are possible, allow extra travel time.
Work is expected to be complete by July 22, or until the concrete has completed the curing process.
Work zone reminders
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times