Hwy 19 Redwood Falls bridge will close July 18 for second concrete pour
WILLMAR, Minn. – The Highway 19 bridge in Redwood Falls will close beginning Monday, July 18 at 6:00 p.m., for the second scheduled concrete pour. Crews will be placing the first half of the new deck surface. Traffic will be temporarily detoured to County Road 17/Laser Avenue, County Road 25, River Road, and Redwood 101 (detour map attached).
The closure should not affect county fair traffic this weekend. The bridge is projected to reopen on Monday, July 25, depending on weather conditions and the curing process.
The second concrete pour will complete stage 1. A few days after the bridge reopens, traffic will be switched, and stage 2 work will begin on the opposite side. A final bridge closure for concrete work is scheduled for mid-August.
The project includes repairing and resurfacing the bridge over the Redwood River just west of U.S. Highway 71 in Redwood Falls. Deteriorated concrete deck and approach panels will be replaced; the bridge railing will be repaired; and the pedestrian access to the west side of the bridge will be updated to meet current Americans with Disabilities Act standards.
Work zone reminders
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Find project updates and additional information at mndot.gov/d8/projects/hwy19redwoodfalls.