Lane closures on I-94 in Moorhead to continue through next week
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – Through July 22, motorists will continue to encounter lane closures in both directions on Interstate 94 in Moorhead between the Highway 75 and the 34th Street/Main Avenue exits. Crews are replacing guardrail along the shoulder and in the center median.
The lane closures must remain in place as a buffer between traffic, the work zone and bridge piers until the guardrail is re-installed. Crews may not be present at times while concrete is curing.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times