Construction on Hwy 1 east of Red Lake planned for July 25
BEMIDJI, Minn. – A Minnesota Department of Transportation construction project on hwy 1 east of Red Lake will take place beginning July 25. It includes culvert replacements and turn lane improvements between Red Lake and Reservation hwy 18.
Motorists can expect staged detours, bypass lanes and lane closures.
Red Lake Builders is the contractor for the project. This project will also include resurfacing in 2023. Once complete, the benefits include a safer road, improved drainage, and safer intersections. For more information on the project as well as a detour map, please visit www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/hwy1-redby.
The project is expected to be complete by October. Start and end dates could change due to weather and other unforeseeable circumstances.
Work zone reminder
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times