Crews to resurface roads in central Minnesota
BAXTER, Minn.— Motorists can expect periodic single-lane closures and delays as crews resurface roads at these locations in central Minnesota:
- Highway 28 from Highway 71 in Sauk Centre to Highway 27 near Swanville in Stearns, Todd and Morrison counties: Aug. 29–Sept. 6
- Highway 71 from Central Avenue in Long Prairie to Todd Line Road near Hewitt in Todd County: Sept. 6–Sept. 30
Work will occur on good weather days during daylight hours, Monday through Friday.
Motorists will encounter periodic lane closures, lane shifts, flaggers and use of a pilot car. Work will be done in segments, so expect the work area to change and move.
MnDOT advises travelers to always slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution. Other reminders:
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
MnDOT will chip seal the pavement, which will renew the road surface, seal minor cracks and other irregularities and extend the life of the road. When complete, motorists will notice a smoother ride.
# # #