Chip seal project start moved up on Hwys 12 and 55
Expect short delays from Kerkhoven to Pennock on Saturday
WILLMAR, Minn. – A chip seal project scheduled to begin Monday, Aug. 29, has been moved up to Saturday, Aug. 27, with work starting on Highway 12 from Kerkhoven to Pennock. Monday, Aug. 29, crews will move to Highway 12 from Atwater to Litchfield, and Highway 55 from Eden Valley to Watkins. The new project completion date is Aug. 30, depending on weather and other unforeseeable circumstances.
Drivers will encounter flagging and pilot car operations during the application process and can expect short delays.
The chip sealing project cost is $988,000, and the contractor is ASTECH. Learn more about chip sealing by watching this three-minute YouTube video.
Work zone reminders
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times