Road closure listings updated for southwest Minnesota
See additional closure below for Hwy 7.
WILLMAR, Minn. – (12:50 p.m.) The majority of state highways in the twelve counties of southwest Minnesota District 8 are now closed or in a No Travel Advised status.
Blowing and drifting snow, in addition to subzero temperatures have created blizzard conditions and hazardous travel. Stalled and stranded vehicles are blocking roadways and conditions can become life threatening for stranded travelers. The public is urged to stay off roadways in southwest Minnesota until conditions improve.
These road segments are closed
- (All state highways in Lyon, Murray, and Pipestone County)
- Hwy 68 Canby to Wabasso
- Hwy 59 Clarkfield to Fulda
- Hwy 23 Hanley Falls to Jasper
- Hwy 75 Ivanhoe to Trosky
- Hwy 14 South Dakota border to Hwy 71
- Hwy 91 Russell to southern Murray County line
- Hwy 30 Pipestone to Westbrook
- Hwy 71 Redwood Falls to Hwy 7
- Hwy 4 Hector to Fairfax
- Hwy 19 Marshall to Wabasso
- Hwy 7 Montevideo to Clara City
No Travel Advised in these counties
- Kandiyohi (south and west of Willmar)
- Lac qui Parle
- Lincoln (north and west of Ivanhoe)
- Meeker (Hwy 15 and Hwy 7)
- Redwood (except listed above)
- Renville (except listed above)
- Yellow Medicine (except listed above)
Check the www.511mn.org website for detailed information and updates.