MnDOT to reopen I-94 from Fergus Falls to Moorhead at noon
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – (11:45 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation will reopen Interstate 94 from Fergus Falls to Moorhead at noon. Although the driving lanes will be passable, motorists should travel with caution as cleanup work continues.
Visibility has improved across the region; however, motorists may still encounter limited visibility, especially in open areas. There is still blowing and drifting snow, and roads are snow and ice covered. If you must travel, MnDOT advises to reduce speed and drive according to conditions.
Important: even if state and federal highways are passable, travel may still be difficult on county, township and municipal roads. Road conditions shown on 511mn.org only reflect state highway conditions. Please check with local agencies for their road conditions and travel guidance.
- Check road conditions at 511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for their trip.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. Plows may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to Work Zone Safety web page.