Hwy 30 detour begins April 17 for bridge replacements at Chatfield and Cummingsville
CHATFIELD, Minn. – Hwy 30 west of Chatfield will be closed and detoured from April 17 to mid-October, weather permitting, as crews replace two bridges, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The bridge at Mill Creek in Chatfield will be replaced, and the bridge at North Branch Root River, west of Olmsted Co Rd 7, in Cummingsville will be replaced. Hwy 30 is a primary route between Chatfield and Stewartville.
The below detour will be in effect during construction.
- Motorists traveling east to Chatfield should take Olmsted Co Rd 1 south to Olmsted Co Rd 2 east to Hwy 52. Hwy 30 traffic traveling west from Chatfield will use the same detour in reverse.
- Residents on the west of side of Mill Creek will be able to access Chatfield via Division Street NW.
If people have questions about accessing a property, they can call Terry Kraling, Icon Constructors, at 507-259-1331. Icon Constructors is the prime contractor for the $6.4 million project.
People can learn more about this project and sign up for email and text message updates on the project website.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving).
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300.
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones.
Stay connected, informed
- Check out other MnDOT southeast Minnesota construction projects and sign up for updates.