Hwy 10 reduces to one lane, each direction, 24–7, in St. Cloud
Work zone transitions week of May 1
ST. CLOUD, Minn. – Travelers will encounter changes and delays on Highway 10 as the work zone transitions between Benton Drive SE and 15th Avenue SE, east St. Cloud, the week of Monday, May 1, advises the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Crews began to prepare work areas on the two-year, $43.7 million, Highway 10 and 23 interchange project April 17, and are now ready to begin construction in full force on Highway 10.
Here's what will occur:
- Westbound Highway 10 will be reduced to one lane, 24-7, as crews repair and resurface the westbound side Monday, May 1.
- Eastbound Highway 10 will be reduced to one lane, 24-7, on the westbound side of the road on Thursday, May 4. Access at the interchange will also change as follows:
- The ramp from eastbound Highway 10 to westbound Highway 23 will close and detour along Highway 15.
- The loop ramp from eastbound Highway 10 to eastbound Highway 23 will close and detour along Golden Spike Road and Benton County Road 1.
- Detour maps available on the project web page, at mndot.gov/d3/stc.
Please remember it takes time to transition a work zone. Be patient and add time to your commute. Expect changes, sudden stops or delays—watch the vehicle in front of you.
Highway 10 will remain single lane, head-to-head traffic until Nov. 1. Those who travel through the work area should plan and be prepared for delays, especially at peak travel times.
Highway 23 continues to have periodic lane closures between Wilson Avenue and 25th Avenue NE, as crews construct temporary lanes, crossovers and make repairs to the road surface. Some work will occur at night.
In May, work will focus west of the interchange on Highway 23 between Wilson Avenue and Lincoln Avenue SE. In late May or early June, Highway 23 will be reduced to one lane in each direction, 24-7, on the eastbound side to reconstruct the westbound road and bridge.
Fourth Street SE remains closed between Lincoln Avenue SE and the west frontage road along eastbound Highway 10 to reconstruct the road and install underground utilities. Access will be open and maintained however, expect changes and use of alternate entrances.
For more information and to sign-up for construction email updates, visit the St. Cloud interchange project webpage at mndot.gov/d3/stc.
When complete in November 2024, the interchange project will invest in infrastructure to last 60-plus years, provide a smoother road surface, and improve motorist and pedestrian safety and access throughout.