Hwy 93 between Hwy 169 and Le Sueur closing at 4 p.m. today due to flooding
MANKATO, Minn. (12:30 p.m.) – The Minnesota Department of Transportation is closing Highway 93 between Highway 169 and Le Sueur at 4:00 p.m. today, May 16, due to flooding on the Minnesota River.
Motorists should use alternate routes.
MnDOT crews will continue to monitor flooded highways and will open them as soon as it is safe to do so. Highways and bridges impacted by floods need to be inspected for damage and safety prior to opening.
- Highway 93 between Highway 169 and Le Sueur (closing May 16 at 4:00 p.m.)
- Highway 99 Minnesota River Bridge in St. Peter (closing May 17 at 9:00 a.m.)
- Highway 19 east of Henderson (closed May 14 at 7:00 p.m.)
- Highway 93 south of Henderson (closed May 14 at 7:00 a.m.)
- Highway 68 south of Courtland (closed and reopened May 14 due to a mudslide)
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.