Road construction on Hwy 11 east of Roseau starts May 31
Motorists will experience a detour through mid-June
BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced today beginning May 31, motorists on Highway 11 east of Roseau can expect a short-term detour as construction begins. The project includes replacing a box culvert three miles east of Roseau on Highway 11.
The contractor for this $600,000 project is Davidson’s Construction. This project will improve drainage. It is estimated to be complete by mid-June, weather permitting. Visit the project website below for more information mndot.gov/d2/projects/hwy11-east-roseau.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.