WILLMAR, Minn. – In preparation for the upcoming Minnesota Department of Transportation roundabout project in Lester Prairie, Highway 7 will close at McLeod County Road 1 on Monday, June 19 at 9:30 a.m. for four periods of five minutes each to complete utility relocations.
Traffic will be flagged through the intersection in between closures. Travelers should allow for brief delays.
MnDOT asks drivers to:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate with care and caution
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Visit the Hwy 7 project website and sign up for email updates at mndot.gov/d8/projects/hwy7lesterprairie