Limited turn lane closure at Hwy 14 near Apache Mall begins July 24
ROCHESTER, Minn. – Motorists traveling east on Hwy 14 to make a left turn north onto Hwy 52 at Apache Mall in Rochester will have a shortened turn lane while crews complete concrete repairs July 24-27, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The left-hand eastbound Hwy 14 turn lane to northbound Hwy 52 will be shortened beginning 8 a.m., Monday, July 24 to allow crews a safe area to work. The left turn lane is on the east side of the bridge that crosses Hwy 52. It will not be closed. Approximately 26,000 motorists use this road daily. Motorists should watch for a reduced lane, barricades and signs indicating the work and effects on traffic.
Crews will be working to open the portion of the road by Thursday, July 27 before 4 p.m., depending on weather and the concrete reaching the strength needed to hold vehicles.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving).
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300.
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones.
Stay connected, informed
- Check out other MnDOT southeast Minnesota construction projects and sign up for updates.