Temporary closure on Itasca County Road 44 north of Deer River on Aug. 15
The culvert replacement is expected to be complete by the end of the day
BEMIDJI, Minn. – Motorists traveling on Highway 6 north of Deer River can expect a one-day closure on Itasca County road 44 on August 15, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation. Construction crews will replace the culvert at that intersection and expect to re-open the county road by the end of the day.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.