Traffic changes on Hwys 15/60 near Madelia begin August 25
MANKATO, Minn. – Motorists traveling Highway 15/60 near Madelia should expect changes to traffic starting Friday, August 25, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The following traffic changes will occur:
- The westbound Highway 60 ramps at CSAH 3 and at CSAH 9 will open.
- The westbound Highway 60/southbound Highway 15 entrance ramp at the north interchange will open.
- The ramps at the south interchange of Highway 15/60 will remain closed until early September with no access to or from westbound Highway 60.
- The CSAH 3 bridge will remain closed until mid-September.
- Traffic will switch from two-way traffic in the eastbound lanes to single lane traffic on both eastbound and westbound Highway 60.
The project is expected to be complete in mid-October, weather permitting. Visit the project website for detour maps and more information.
MnDOT is resurfacing seven miles of Highway 15/60 from the Highway 15/60 interchange south of Madelia to the Highway 15/60 interchange north of Madelia. This is the second year of a two-year project. Construction this year includes resurfacing the westbound lanes, lighting, drainage repairs, updating guardrail, and rehabbing several bridges. Construction on the eastbound lanes of Highway 15/60 was completed in 2022.
Benefits of the projects include improved pavements and drainage, smoother road surfaces and increased safety along the corridor.
Hoffman Construction Company was awarded the project with a bid of $24,988,466.21.