Lane closure on northbound Highway 61 bridge over Spring Creek begins Sept. 26 for concrete work in Red Wing
RED WING, Minn. – Motorists on the northbound Highway 61 bridge over Spring Creek in Red Wing will encounter a lane closure beginning Sept. 26 as crews complete concrete work, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The northbound Highway 61 bridge will be reduced to one lane, and it is anticipated that work will be completed Oct. 5 weather permitting. The bridge is located on the north end of Red Wing.
Safety in work zones
Motorists should always be prepared to encounter changing road conditions when approaching work zones. Common traffic changes include lane closures, lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, heavy equipment and slow or stopped traffic. To keep everyone safe, drivers must:
- Obey posted speed limits. The fine for speeding in a work zone is $300.
- Drive undistracted. Avoid using cell phones, mobile devices, adjusting the radio – even eating –while in work zones.
- Move over. Give workers room to safely complete their work.
- Know before you go. Get real-time information about traffic and road conditions at www.511mn.orgor get the free 511mn smartphone app at Google Play or the App Store.
- Be patient. Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Do the zipper merge.
- Avoid making unnecessary lane changes.
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones.
Stay connected, informed
- Check out current and upcoming MnDOT southeast Minnesota construction projects.
- Want to stay updated on winter driving events and closures? Sign up for our text message and email updates. Winter is just around the corner.
- Want to stay updated on emergency road closures and winter driving events? Sign up for our text message and email updates.
- Interested in a job with MnDOT? Career information for the State of Minnesota can be found at the Minnesota Management and Budget website. Come join us.