Resurfacing of intersection at Hwy 5/West 7th Street and 5th Street in downtown St. Paul begins Monday, Nov. 13
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – Resurfacing of the intersection of Highway 5/West 7th Street and 5th Street (also known as Cleveland Circle) near the northwest corner of the Xcel Energy Center will begin at 7 a.m. Monday, Nov. 13. Construction crews will remove crumbling red concrete and resurface the intersection with asphalt. Following completion, MnDOT will restripe lane markings and pedestrian/bicycle crossings.
During the project, the intersection of 5th Street and Highway 5/West 7th Street will be closed to all vehicle and pedestrian traffic from 7 a.m., Monday, Nov. 13 until 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17.
During the closure, motorists and pedestrians should follow the signed detours:
- Pedestrian access/detours: Follow the signed detours around the construction zone. Pedestrians should not cross Highway 5/W. 7th St. through the construction zone.
- Vehicle detours:
- Eastbound 7th Street - Go east (right) on Kellogg Blvd, north (left) on Wabasha St., west (left) on 6th St., east (right) on 7th St.
- Eastbound 7th Street to west I-94 on-ramp – Go west (left) on Kellogg Blvd, north (right) on Smith Ave., west (left) on 6th Street, to westbound I-94 on-ramp
- Westbound 7th Street – west (right) on Old 6th Street, south (left) on Smith Ave. (normally buses only), east (left) on Kellogg Blvd, west (right) on 7th Street
- Eastbound I-94 to 5th Street exit – south (right) on Smith Ave. to Kellogg Blvd.
- Westbound 6th Street – Go west (left) turn at 7th St., onto Old 6th St., south (left) on Smith Ave.
NOTE: All construction activities and traffic impacts are weather and schedule permitting and subject to change.