Aircraft registration online services
Attention aircraft owners and registrants
We strongly encourage you to pay your bill by credit card or E-check online. To pay online you will need your aircraft N-number and the Owner Access Code which you will find on the upper right corner of your bill. You may also send payment by mail, however no payments will be accepted in-person.
- Pay Your Bill Online
Pay your aircraft registration tax and Minnesota sales and use tax if applicable.
- Update Or Lookup An Aircraft Registration in Minnesota
To lookup basic aircraft registration information, you need only the Aircraft N-Number. If you are an aircraft owner, you may also enter the Owner Access Code associated with the N-Number to check your registration status, update address, contact, insurance and base airport information, and if payment is due, choose to pay your bill.
- Search The FAA Civil Aircraft Registry
Search the Federal Aviation Administration civil aircraft registry.
Is your aircraft part of a lease agreement?
If you or your business engage in any of the following activities:
- Sell aircraft to customers located in Minnesota
- Lease aircraft to customers in Minnesota
- Rent aircraft to customers in Minnesota
You must use the new "Aircraft Sales" tax line found on the Department of Revenue's e-Services website.
Also, if you or your business are required to report use tax on taxable transactions, including those under a Direct Pay Permit or your own use of business assets, you must use the new "Aircraft Use" tax line found on the Department of Revenue's e-Services website.
Learn more about adding aircraft tax lines to your sales and use tax account or see Adding Aircraft Tax Lines to your Sales and Use Tax Account.
- Please use the online Aircraft Registration Application for first time registrations. Once this application is received you will receive a bill and an access code (on the top, right corner of your bill) in the mail. With this access code you can pay your bill AND your sales/use tax online.
- Download Aircraft Registration Application and Sales/Use Tax Return (Word). This form will help you calculate and pay your sales and use tax. Once this form is received you will receive a bill in the mail for your aircraft registrations fees.
Sales/Use Tax Calculation
- For help determining your state and local sales and use tax use the sales tax rate calculator at: Minnesota Department of Revenue Sales Tax Rate Calculator