About this project
Reconstruct the road and widen shoulders on Hwy 169/210 from the Ripple River bridge east of 2nd Ave NE in Aitkin to the Mississippi River bridge north of Hassman, Aitkin County.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct 11 miles of road surface with a stronger, concrete overlay material
- Widen the shoulders (eight feet paved and two feet gravel), lengthen turn lanes
and improve road access
- Repair or replace drainage infrastructure
- Reconstruct bridge drainage ditch
- Project map, PDF
Address the rough road surface and narrow shoulders, along this heavily traveled commercial and recreational route on Hwy 169/210 . The shoulders along Hwy 169/210 are four feet wide, which is below today’s standards.
Today’s average daily traffic volumes:
- North of Aitkin: 2,350 to 4,400 vehicles
- In Aitkin: 8,400 vehicles