The Minnesota Department of Transportation is partnering with Grant County to complete a project on Highway 55/59 from Elbow Lake to Barrett. The project is scheduled for construction in 2023.
- Robust resurfacing (reclaim)
- Shoulder-widening, with 8 additional feet (4-foot paved, 4-foot gravel) on each side of the highway
- Culvert replacements
- Turn lanes at County Road 8 and County Road 21
- Potential installation of snow fence
- Access improvements
- Pedestrian ramp installation in the city of Barrett