About this project
The purpose of this project is to address deteriorating pavement conditions, improve drainage, update pedestrian facilities and coordinate with the city to allow for replacement of aging city utilities underneath Hwy 56.
- Reconstruct approximately 1.2 miles of Hwy 56 through Le Roy
- Replace storm water, sanitary sewer, and water main
- Extend water main past Ada St
- Replace and install new curb and gutter
- Improve intersection safety at Mower County Road 12, Hwy 56 and Main St. E. Alter intersection and construct cul-de-sac west of Mower County 12
- Replace and install new sidewalks
- Define bike lane with striping from Mather St to Everett St
- Improve school crosswalk safety, construct bump out at Mower County Road 14
- Create wider school parking zone
- Optional landscaping, planting trees and plants
Detials can be viewed on the project layout map.
A public meeting to review the project is planned for spring of 2021. The public meeting will be hosted virtually and will also have a call-in option. A recording of the meeting will be placed on the project website afterward. When available, meeting information and documents will be posted on this project website and shared through the project email updates, local communication sources and social media.
To prevent the further spread of COVID-19, MnDOT has indefinitely postponed all in-person public events.
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all. If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, or need documents in an alternative format (such as braille or large print), please email your request to Janet Miller at ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-366-4720.