About this project
Summary of work
In 2021, MnDOT is planning to replace two bridges over Interstate 90 in Austin at Hwy 218 north and 28th Street NE. Each bridge is nearing the end of their service life.
The reconstruction is part of a larger planning effort to update aging community infrastructure over the next decade along the I-90 corridor.
Current traffic impacts
- No current traffic impacts
Upcoming traffic impacts
- Short term ramps closures to/from I-90 at Hwy 218
- Detour uses 4th St. NW
- Hwy 218 will remain open to thru traffic during this time
- Ramps to/from 28th St NE at I-90 will be closed
- 28th St NE over I-90 will be closed
- Detour uses 215th St. and 220th St.
Learn more about what to expect during construction.