About this project
- Construction began June 17, 2019
- Detour during rural box culvert construction -
- Stage 1 expected to begin after August 19, 2019 (our apologies for any confusion that the delays in the start date for the detour may have caused)
- Lane closures during pavement resurfacing
Summary of work
The Hwy 91 construction includes resurfacing from the northern Nobles County line (County Road 72) to the southern Adrian city limits.
Find information on a related Hwy 91 project from the Nobles/Murray County line to Russell also scheduled for construction in 2019.
Note: Both Hwy 91 projects were previously scheduled for two-years (2019-20), but now the majority of work should be complete in October of 2019.
Construction project includes:
- Replace two rural box culvert bridges (14.8 miles north of Adrian and 5.5. miles north of Adrian)
- Repair erosion and clean culverts
- Replace and repair culverts
- Detour for bridge and culvert replacement
- Resurface pavement
- Replace sections of poor sidewalk and upgrade pedestrian ramps to meet ADA (American Disability Act) requirements
- Install right turn lanes at Nobles County Road 14
- Add lighting at some rural County Road intersections (County Roads 14, 16, 18 and 20)
- Replace driveway skirts where there are poor sidewalk conditions