About the project
Flooding in the Minnesota River Valley has created maintenance and mobility challenges for the local community and MnDOT for decades. After completing a Flood Feasibility Study in 2017 and securing funding through a bonding bill in 2020, Hwy 93 will be raised approximately eight feet, putting it one foot above historic high-water events.
Summary of work
- Resurface 3.6 miles of Hwy 93 from Hwy 169 to the City of Henderson flood wall
- Significant hydraulics reviews and studies have been incorporated on the Rush River and Minnesota River watersheds to ensure no additional flooding during highwater flood events
- Raise the roadway up to eight feet
- Improve the pavement for a smoother roadway
- Provide a safe and accessible 10-ton route in and out of Henderson during highwater events