About this project
Summary of work
Work on Hwy 169 included:
- Replacing the Hwy 169 bridge over Nine Mile Creek in Hopkins, Minnetonka and Edina. The bridge was replaced with a causeway, which is a raised road across a low or wet ground. Bridge conditions require that it be replaced by 2020.
- Reconstructing more than six miles of pavement on Hwy 169 between Hwy 55 and just north of Hwy 62
- Constructing acceleration and deceleration lanes on Hwy 169 at Cedar Lake Rd.
- Removing access to and from southbound Hwy 169 at 16th St. in St. Louis Park
- SB Hwy 169 ramps to and from 16th St. closed permanently
- Repairing noise walls
- Replacing concrete barrier
- Improving pedestrian accessibility