Summer safety tips
Slow down and drive with caution
Drivers traveling too fast and not paying attention are the main causes of work zone crashes. Follow these safe driving tips:
- Stay alert, especially at night.
- Stay off cell phones and mobile devices.
- Be patient. Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Expect work zones to constantly change. Day to day you could experience lane shifts, closures or moving workers and vehicles.
- Don’t make unnecessary lane changes.
- Do the zipper merge.
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones.