The Minnesota Department of Transportation will be reconstructing Highway 10 in Dilworth, from 34th Street to SE Seventh Street, in 2029 (subject to change). The road conditions in this area are expected to continue to deteriorate, increasing the resource needs from maintenance. In addition, the majority of sidewalk and pedestrian ramps in Dilworth are noncompliant and will be replaced as part of this project.
The Fargo-Moorhead Metropolitan Council of Governments (Metro COG), Minnesota Department of Transportation and the City of Dilworth completed a corridor study in 2023 to evaluate the current and future needs along the corridor. The study provides recommendations for possible lane reconfigurations and types of intersection control.
Key project elements
- Reconstruction of Highway 10 from 34th Street to SE 7th Street
- Traffic signal replacements at Main Street and 34th Street
- Utility replacements and adjustments
- Detours and lane closures
- Business impacts during construction, including pedestrian access and parking restrictions