The Minnesota Department of Transportation is partnering with the City of Henning for the 2024 reconstruction project on Highway 108 in Henning.
The project will address pavement concerns, pedestrian accessibility (ADA) requirements, and city utilities.
The City of Henning worked with MnDOT and PartnerSHIP 4 Health to conduct a planning study ahead of MnDOT's design phase. The planning study helped the city in securing a Transportation Alternative grant for sidewalk/trail improvements.
Key project elements
- Reconstruct Highway 108 in Henning
- City utilities
- Proposed downtown Complete Streets reconstruction
- Sanitary sewer replacements
- Storm sewer
- Sidewalk improvements
- Bicycle and pedestrian ADA accessibility upgrades
- Possible realignment of Balmoral Avenue
- Potential for additional right of way for construction
- Construction impacts, such as detours, closures and delays
- Environmental impacts, including tree removals
- Business impacts