About this project
Approximately twenty miles of I-90 from two miles west of Hwy 169 at Blue Earth to Hwy 22 south of Wells will be resurfaced. Both eastbound and westbound lanes will be improved, as well as ramps, bridges, culverts, and lighting along the project. The westbound lanes will be under construction in 2023, and the eastbound lanes will be under construction in 2024.
Summary of work
- Resurface both eastbound and westbound lanes
- Reconstruct (a more significant pavement fix) under overhead bridges
- Improve the pavement at 14 entrance/exit ramps
- Repair six bridges, including guardrail
- Repair culverts
- Replace lighting at the interchange with Hwy 169 and at the I-90 Blue Earth Rest Areas
- Improve sidewalks to comply with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) at the two I-90 Blue Earth Rest Areas
- More information coming soon.