About this project
Summary of work
MnDOT is repairing sections of the concrete pavement on US 59 in two locations:
- US 59 from the intersection of Hwy 23 in Marshall to the intersection of Lyon CR 6 (south of Marshall). Work will take about 5 weeks.
- US 59 from the intersection of US 14 (near Garvin) to just north of the intersection of Hwy 30. Work will begin along this route and will take about 8 weeks.
- Work will be done using two separate detours; see maps above.
- The detour in Murray County (near Garvin) began July 22 to allow workers to locate repairs in a safe environment; crews will begin making repairs the week of July 26.
- The detour in Marshall will begin toward the end of August (date TBD).
- Homes and businesses along US 59 will always have access to/from the nearest intersection.
- Reach Lake Shetek using CR 48 from the detour route.
- Drivers should allow extra travel time and expect delays.