About this project
The goal of this project is to improve the ride (smoothness), restore the pavement and redeck or repair bridges in the project area, as well as replace the bridge railing and lighting on the Mendota Bridge.
Summary of work
- Replace railing and lighting on the Mendota Bridge (May-November 2023)
- Completed: Redecked the Hwy 55 bridges over I-494 and I 35E
- Completed: Updated pavement on Hwy 55 between Bloomington Rd. in Minneapolis and Hwy 52 in Inver Grove Heights
- Completed: Repaired pavement on Hwy 55 over the Minnesota River on the Mendota Bridge
- Completed: Added trail between Mendota Heights Rd. and Blue Gentian Rd.