About this project
We are planning to repave University Ave. SE and Fourth St. SE between Central Ave. and I-35W in 2025. The pavement has reached the end of its useful life and is in need of repairs. As part of this paving project, we are collaborating with agency partners and community members to identify a multimodal design that improves conditions and transportation safety for all corridor users. This will include providing improvements to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards, bus stop improvements to correspond with the upcoming E Line Bus Rapid Transit route, and bike lane improvements.
Summary of work
- Repave University Ave. SE and Fourth St. SE
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) improvements to intersections and crossings
- Separate the bike lanes from vehicle traffic
- Integrate the bus stop facilities with the planned Metro Transit E Line bus rapid transit (anticipated opening late 2025)
- Other updates as identified through the project