What is a poster board?
A poster board is an exhibit containing various posters that are required by state and federal law. The prime contractor is responsible to construct a poster board that contains all required posters and place it on the project site of work.
What are the poster board guidelines?
- Posters must contain information relevant to the project and must be legible
- Poster board must include all required posters
- Poster board must be displayed starting the first work day until project is 100 percent complete
- Poster board must be located on the project site of work, not at off-site facilities
- Poster board must be accessible to all employees at all times
- Contact information is required to be inserted on poster boards (PDF, .1 MB)
- Poster board must contain all wage determinations contained in the contract
- Poster board must contain any wage conformances by the U.S. Department of Labor
How do I order posters?
- MnDOT, county, city, consultant, contractor personnel and other interested parties shall complete a Poster Boards Request Form (PDF, .1 MB), save the document and attach it to an email addressed to: Supply.DOT@state.mn.us. Incomplete forms will not be processed.
- Questions about the poster requirements should be directed to Clancy Finnegan at 651-366-4204.
Can I download the posters instead of ordering them?
Yes. Listed below are downloadable PDF posters for federal and/or state aid contracts. In order to determine the types of posters needed, the contractor shall refer to the examples provided on this page. Please note that the federal and/or state wage decision, along with the state truck rental rate decision has not been included; the contractor shall obtain this information from its contract with the contracting agency.
- ARRA - Whistleblower Poster (PDF, 1 MB) - Information about whistleblower protections under the Recovery Act
- U.S. DOL - Equal Opportunity is the Law (PDF, 11 x 17, .1 MB)
- MnDOT - Notice To Workers (PDF, 8.5 x 14, .1 MB)
- MnDOT - Notice of Nondiscrimination in Employment (PDF, 8.5 x 14, .1 MB)
- FHWA - NOTICE (PDF, 8.5 x 14, 1 MB)
- Mn/DLI - OSHA - Safety and Health Protection on the Job (PDF, 11 x 17, .1 MB)
- Mn/DLI - MN Workers Compensation Employee Rights & Responsibilities (PDF, 11 x 17, 1 MB)
- Mn/DLI - Employee Rights - State Minimum Wage (PDF, 31 KB)
- USDOL - Employee Rights Under the Davis-Bacon Act (PDF, 11 x 17, 1 MB)
- USDOL - Employee Rights - Federal Minimum Wage (PDF, 11 x 17, .1 MB)
- USDOL - Employee Rights - Family Medical Leave Act (PDF, .1 MB)
- MnDOT - American's With Disabilities Act - Alternative Posters (PDF, .1 MB)