Reconstruct Highway 24 from Highway 55 to north of Poplar Ave. in Annandale, includes city utilities and pedestrian access improvements. Sign up for project email updates
Detour in Annandale
July 6 to November
Stage 2: Reconstruct Hwy 24/Oak Ave. between Hwy 55 and Park St.
- Hwy 24/Oak Ave. closed between Park St. and Hwy 55. Detour uses Poplar Ave. and Hwy 55. Detour map, PDF
- Segments of sidewalk closures along Hwy 24. Follow detour signs and stay out of closed areas. Consider side or back entrances.
Downtown Annandale is open
Access will be maintained and open to businesses and residents, however expect changes.
- Local access, parking map courtesy of the City of Annandale. Image, JPG
The second phase of construction is underway. Hwy 24/Oak Ave. is closed from Hwy 55 to Park St. Here’s what to expect:
- The old asphalt and the north sidewalk along westbound Hwy 24 will be removed.
- Crews will dig underground and replace sanitary sewer, water main and storm sewer.
- Crews will focus on the north sidewalk first along Hwy 24/Oak Ave. However, sidewalk work continues at multiple locations along Hwy 24/Oak Ave./Park St. Pedestrians should stay out of closed areas and follow detour signs. Walkways may be rubber mats. Consider back/side entrances, or calling your destination ahead of time for parking or access directions.
- The work zone may change throughout the day. Watch for changes, signs, workers and equipment.