Crews will reconstruct Highway 24 from Highway 55 to north of Poplar Avenue in Annandale, includes city utilities and pedestrian access improvements.
Detour begins Wednesday, April 8
Hwy 24/Park St. E will be closed between Oak Ave. and Poplar Ave. from April 8 to June 27, 2020. Detour uses Poplar Ave., Hwy 55, Hwy 24/Oak Ave.
Expect segments of sidewalk closures. Follow signs and stay out of closed areas. Consider side or back entrances
Annandale is open
Access will be maintained and open to businesses and residents, however expect changes and gravel surfaces
The project will require road, parking and sidewalk closures on Hwy 24 between Hwy 55 and Poplar Ave. in Annandale. Follow directional signs and stay out of closed work areas.
Work on Hwy 24 will be done in two stages from April to November.
April 8 to June 27
- Stage 1: Reconstruct and close Hwy 24/Park Ave. between Oak Ave. and Poplar Ave. Detour uses Poplar Ave. and Hwy 55. Map, PDF
Independence Day Holiday Week
- All open: All lanes and sidewalks along Hwy 24 to be open between June 27 and July 7 for the Fourth of July festivities in Annandale.
July 7 to November
- Stage 2: Reconstruct and close Hwy 24/Oak Ave. from Hwy 55 to Park Ave. Detour uses Poplar Ave. and Hwy 55
Schedule is tentative and subject to change
About this project
Summary of work
- Reconstruct the road with a new asphalt surface, includes parking, side street approaches and entrances
- Replace curb, gutters and storm sewer
- Replace underground city utilities, includes water main and sanitary sewer
- Improve pedestrian access, includes wider sidewalks and approaches