MnDOT will resurface and improve 13 miles of Hwy 18 from Hwy 169, east of Garrison, to Hwy 47 in Malmo, Aitkin County. Project requires a detour.
- Resurface the road (cold in-place recycle)
- Replace or repair drainage pipes/culverts
- Install mumble/rumble strips and restripe
- Project requires a detour. Route to use Hwy 169, Co. Rd. 28, Co. Rd. 12 and Hwy 47 (adds 24 miles). Detour plan map, PDF
- Access will be maintained and open to those who live, work or visit areas within the closed work zone. However, expect hard closures at times to replace pipes under the road.
- Information tentative and subject to change
State project: 0102-28