Reconstruct, improve access
Expect roadwork on both directions of Hwy 371 from south of Gull Lake Dam Rd. (Crow Wing Co. Rd. 125) to north of Green Gables Rd. (Co. Rd. 126) until Nov. 1, 2022.
Note: Overnight pipe work scheduled to begin 9 p.m. Tues, July 5, after the Fourth of July holiday.
- Weekends and holidays: Open to four lanes
- Weekdays: Lane closures
- Periodic lane closures at off-peak hours
- No shoulders, narrow lanes
- Reduced speeds and law enforcement on site
- Lanes shifts within work zone
- Overnight work begins July 5: Head-to-head traffic on one side as crews replace pipes below the north or southbound side. On good weather days, Sun-Thur nights, 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. The work will take a few weeks of to complete.
- Access will be open to businesses, residents and visitors, however expect changes and use of alternate accesses, gravel surfaces:
- Hwy 371 will be open to BIR at Birchdale Rd. or Landmark Dr.
- Expect use of flaggers while crews work at side roads, entrances or frontage roads along Hwy 371
- Note: To access opposite direction of Hwy 371 (northbound or southbound) from side road/entrance, turn right and continue on Hwy 371 to the next open median U-turn. Then continue northbound or southbound on Hwy 371.
- Late summer: Hwy 371 access will close temporarily at Green Gables Rd. to replace a pipe (5-8 days). Detour to use Hartley Lake Rd. and Gull Lake Dam Rd. Detour map (PDF)
- September: Reconstruct BIR entrance at Birchdale Rd.