MnDOT and the City of LeRoy will host a business meeting Oct. 7, 2021. Local business owners, leaders and others with business interests will have an opportunity to learn about the project and construction information related to business operations, as well as provide feedback.
Date: Thursday, Oct. 7, 2021
Time: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: LeRoy Community Center, 204 W. Main St., LeRoy
Face coverings or masks are recommended.
Stations will be set up within the community center with information. Individuals are welcome to come and go as they please, a formal presentation will not be provided. MnDOT staff and City Officials will be available for questions and comments. People who don’t attend the meeting will find short videos on the project website after the meeting that provide information that was shared at the meeting. Questions and feedback can be submitted to project contacts.
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all. If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, or need documents in an alternative format (such as braille or large print), please email your request to Janet Miller at ADArequest.email@example.com or call 651-366-4720.
About this project
The purpose of this project is to address deteriorating pavement conditions, improve drainage, update pedestrian facilities and coordinate with the city to allow for replacement of aging city utilities underneath Hwy 56.
- Reconstruct approximately 1.2 miles of Hwy 56 through LeRoy
- Replace storm water, sanitary sewer and water main
- Extend water main past Ada St.
- Replace and install new curb and gutter
- Improve intersection safety at Mower County Road 12, Hwy 56 and Main St. E. Alter intersection and construct cul-de-sac west of Mower County Road 12
- Replace and install new sidewalks
- Define buffer zone between traffic and parking with striping from Mather St. to Everett St. Buffer zone will allow for biking
- Improve school crosswalk safety, construct bump out at Mower County Road 14
- Create wider school parking zone
- Optional landscaping including trees and plants
Details can be viewed on the project layout map.