MnDOT hosted a public meeting on March 31, 2021 for community members, local businesses and others to review the project. A recording of the meeting is available for review. People are encouraged to ask questions and provide feedback.
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all. If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, or need documents in an alternative format (such as braille or large print), please email your request to Janet Miller at ADArequest.email@example.com or call 651-366-4720.
Following guidance from state health officials to prevent the further spread of COVID-19, MnDOT has temporarily postponed all in-person public meetings and events. Public engagement remains a priority and MnDOT is offering an online option as one way to continue and maintain connections with the public.
Summary of work
- Resurfacing of 27 miles of southbound Hwy 61 from Wabasha to Minnesota City. Most of the work is in the southbound direction but there is some work also on the northbound side of the road.
- Replacement of approach panels, end posts, and guard rail on two northbound bridges
- Replacement of approach panels, end posts, and guard rail on four southbound bridges
Hwy 61 and Hwy 42 south of Kellogg:
- Installation of a reduced conflict intersection (RCI)
Hwy 74 in Weaver:
- Resurfacing 0.3 miles of Hwy 74
- Removal of portions of sidewalk
- Investigating the installation of ADA ramp connection to historic building