About this project
The Hwy 4 project between St. James and Sleepy Eye includes roadway, bridge, and drainage improvements. In addition to resurfacing approximately 25 miles of roadway, three bridges will be replaced.
Summary of work
- Resurface roadway
- Replace the span bridge over the Big Cottonwood River
- Replace the bridge at Butterfield Creek, north of St. James
- Replace the bridge (box culvert) south of Sleepy Eye
- Repair drainage pipes and culverts
- Add rumble strips and update guardrail
- Smoother road surface
- Improved drainage
- Increased safety
Traffic will be detoured during construction; detour map coming soon.