About this project
MnDOT conducted a transportation study in 2019-2021, that combined input from the city of Lake Crystal, local residents and businesses, and other project stakeholdersthat to arrive at a layout that reflects the current and future transportation needs on Hwy 60 through Lake Crystal.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct Hwy 60 from west of the south junction with Blue Earth County Road 20 to east of Lakeview Rd.
- In coordination with the City of Lake Crystal, replace utilities, including storm sewer, and portions of water main and sanitary
- Construct a Restricted Crossing U-Turn (also referred to as a J-Turn) at Lakeview Rd.
- Add a westbound median acceleration lane at Main St.
- Construct a pedestrian trail (with concrete barrier) along the south side of Hwy 60 from Cemetery Rd. to Lakeview Rd.
- Rehabilitate bridge over CR 6
- Update lighting along the corridor
- Modify accesses along the corridor
- Preliminary Layout: September 2021