About this project
- Repair and resurface the bridge over the Redwood River, just west of US Hwy 71 in Redwood Falls.
- Remove and replace deteriorated concrete deck and approach panels.
- Repair or replace bridge railing.
- Update pedestrian access to west side of bridge to meet ADA standards.
- The majority of work will be done under traffic.
- The bridge is open to two-way traffic.
- A detour of Hwy 19 was required three times to complete concrete work (see detour route above). All detours have been completed.
- One half of the bridge deck will be removed at a time, which allows the other half of the bridge to be used for traffic during much of construction.
- Bridge lanes will be reduced from twelve feet to ten feet and can accommodate two-way traffic.
- No oversize, overweight permits will be issued in the work zone during the project.
- If a temporary lane closure becomes necessary during construction, flaggers will direct traffic across the bridge.
September 16, 2022
- Crews are finishing painting and removing bracing under the bridge.
- Additional remaining work includes: installing cable in the rail, and permanent striping.