About this project
Summary of MnDOT work
- Repair the concrete on two sections of Hwy 59
- South of Garvin: Hwy 59 from 211th St. to Lyon CR 14
- South of Marshall: Hwy 59 from Lyon CR 6 to Hwy 23
- Update sidewalks and pedestrian crossings in Marshall to meet current Americans with Disabilities standards.
- A detour will be required to complete the concrete repair in each section (see maps below).
- The segment south of Marshall is scheduled to go first and take about 5 weeks to complete.
- The segment south of Garvin is scheduled to take about 7 weeks to complete.
- Work in both segments may overlap.
- Short-term, intermittent intersection closures will take place along Hwy 59 for ADA work and minor detours may be required.
- Hwy 59 travelers south of Garvin will be detoured on CR 48, CR 29, CR 5, Hwy 14
- Hwy 59 travelers south of Marshall will be detoured on Hwy 23, CR 35, CR 6