This webpage is not updated over the weekend/overnight. For up-to-date information on traffic impacts, visit 511mn.org.
All traffic impacts are tentative and weather dependent.
Mon, Sept. 11 through November
- Hwy 65 will be reduced to one lane in both directions for short stretches between Co. Rd. 10 in Spring Lake Park and Viking Blvd. in East Bethel
Information about upcoming traffic impacts will be posted as details become available. Motorists will encounter lane closures and four weekend closures before preliminary work is completed in late November 2023.
During construction in 2024, motorists can expect head-to-head traffic for installation of box culverts at Coon Creek bridges and in areas of full-depth pavement reconstruction. Single lane traffic on side of the road not under construction and lane closures along the project area.
About this project
Preliminary work is underway to build nine temporary crossovers to carry traffic across the median next year. The crossovers will allow traffic to cross the median and travel in a single lane in each direction on the side not under construction. In addition to this year’s crossover construction, crews will also replace 12 culverts along the 14.5 mile stretch of road between Spring Lake Park and East Bethel.
Resurfacing of Hwy 65 from Co. Rd. 10 in Spring Lake Park to 237th Avenue in East Bethel begins in the spring of 2024.
Summary of work
- Resurface Hwy 65 between Co. Rd. 10 in Spring Lake Park and 237th Ave. in East Bethel with some areas of full depth pavement reconstruction to correct settlement
- Full-depth pavement reconstruction to correct settlement
- ADA improvements to bicycle/pedestrian crossings at intersections
- Drainage repairs
- Install box culvert at Coon Creek and Viking Blvd.
- Install cable median guardrail from Bunker Lake Blvd. to 237th Ave.