Log into MnDOT’s CRL Interactive E-Learning Tool to develop your knowledge and understanding of the CRL system. The interactive exercises and references materials will walk you through the step by step processes for electronic Certified Payroll, Prompt Payment, and the Bidder/Quoter. It will explain your Role in each of these three processes through six self-directed interactive lessons with various topics listed under the Topic Menu.
How do I enter/submit payrolls?
- Log into wT Civil Rights Labor application to get into CRL
- Obtain your Login ID: User Name and Password for the wT Civil Right & Labor application. Use the Login ID guided manual (PDF) for steps on creating your Login ID.
- Use payroll spreadsheet (XLS, .1 MB) for MnDOT contracts specifically. Do not use the "general-purpose version of the payroll spreadsheet" on the Cloverleaf website under the spreadsheet conversion tool link below. The form is supported on 2007 or newer Microsoft Excel and the zoom feature will increase the form size. (Updated 5/21/14)
- Use spreadsheet conversion tool to convert the spreadsheet to XML format — converter is located at the bottom of the tool link page. (Do not use the "general-purpose version of the payroll spreadsheet" on that website.)
- Use XML resource kit which allows contractors to work with their payroll vendors to export payrolls to XML format. Provides all required schemas to allow conversion to XML format.
- Look up all system job classifications (XLS, .1 MB) to be used on MnDOT projects. This is the second tab on the payroll spreadsheet. This will house all job classifications associated with MnDOT projects.
- CRL support contacts (PDF, .1 MB) are your first line of contacts when you have issues with your CRL payroll process. Contact the person in the MnDOT District Office (Map, PDF, 1 MB) where the project is located.