Log into MnDOT’s CRL Interactive E-Learning Tool (updated 2/5/15) to develop your knowledge and understanding of the CRL system. The interactive exercises and references materials will walk you through the step by step processes for electronic Certified Payroll, Prompt Payment, and the Bidder/Quoter. It will explain your Role in each of these three processes through six self-directed interactive lessons with various topics listed under the Topic Menu.
Vendor Login Access to MnDOT AASHTOWare
Companies that are registered vendors in MNDOT AASHTOWare system can obtain login access for employees or designated representatives to enter payrolls, bidder-quoter and payments by doing the following:
I. Check that your company is a registered vendor in the MnDOT AASHTOWare by searching on this page
- Contractor (Vendor) Lookup System Search by Company name or SWIFT ID #.
II. Create your personal login ID on the MNDOT Login ID Self-Service website:
III. Download and complete the AASHTOWare user account request for your company by completing the AASHTOWare User Account Registration Form:
Note: Please login and change your password prior to 180 days, as it will be locked and you will have to request to be administratively unlocked. At this time, you will not receive any email notification from the system.
This Login ID and registration form are covered in more detail in the AASHTOWare Self-Service Login ID Guide 6/4/15 (PDF)
If you have completed these steps and received a confirmation email with your roles listed…
- Log into wT Civil Rights Labor application to get into CRL
How do I enter/submit payrolls?
- Log into Civil Rights Labor application to get into AASHTOWare Project, Civil Rights and Labor (CRL) program
- Payroll Spreadsheet – Basic (11-16-15): is the new basic spreadsheet with no added formulas by MnDOT that works with 2007, 2010, and newer Microsoft Excel for use on MnDOT projects specifically it does include the MnDOT value codes needed for payroll import into the CRL system. This spreadsheet should be used if your computer system has troubles with the other two provided Payroll Spreadsheets. Do not use the "general-purpose version of the payroll spreadsheet" on the Cloverleaf website under the spreadsheet conversion tool link below. You may use the Excel zoom feature to increase the form size on your screen. All worksheets are protected in the Payroll Spreadsheet Conversion Utility workbook .
- Payroll Spreadsheet – Formulas (updated 11-16-15): This is the Basic Spreadsheet with MnDOT added Formulas and Pop-up features which should aid in enter information onto the Payroll Form worksheet. This spreadsheet may only be compatible with 2010 or newer Excel. If you have 2007, please use the Basic Spreadsheet and add your own formulas.
- Payroll Spreadsheet--Formulas and Names (Updated Jan. 11, 2016): MnDOT has issued a new Excel Workbook which should resolve the November 2015 Microsoft Upgrades issues experienced with using the older Excel Workbook. The new workbook should be able to be save normally; Do not copy and paste any information from your older Workbook. The Older Workbook can still be used but will need to be saved after you populate the Payroll Report as “Excel Workbook 97-2003” prior to running it through the Online Converter.
This is the Basic Spreadsheet with Formulas, Pop-ups, and a worksheet to enter Employee Information which can then be accessed through a dropdown arrow on the Payroll Form worksheet to populate the employee fields. If you want to remove the employee name just reselect the “Select Employee” title and the name is removed from the cells. Please follow the direction on the “Employee Information” worksheet of the workbook to populate that page. This spreadsheet will only be compatible with 2010 or newer Excel. If you have 2007, please use the Basic Spreadsheet and add your own formulas.
- Use spreadsheet conversion tool to convert the spreadsheet to XML format — converter is located at the bottom of the tool link page. (Do not use the "general-purpose version of the payroll spreadsheet" on that website.)
- Use XML resource kit which allows contractors to work with their payroll vendors to export payrolls to XML format. Provides all required schemas to allow conversion to XML format.
- Look up all system job classifications (XLS, .1MB) to be used on MnDOT projects. This is the second tab on the payroll spreadsheet. This will house all job classifications associated with MnDOT projects.