Civil Rights Labor (CRL) Training
Log into MnDOT’s CRL Interactive E-Learning Tool to develop your knowledge and understanding of the CRL system. The interactive exercises and references materials will walk you through the step by step processes for electronic Certified Payroll, Prompt Payment, and the Bidder/Quoter. It will explain your Role in each of these three processes through six self-directed interactive lessons with various topics listed under the Topic Menu.
How do I enter/submit payrolls?
- Log into wT Civil Rights Labor application to get into CRL
- Obtain your Login ID: User Name and Password for the wT Civil Right & Labor application. Use the Login ID Guide and Reset Manual 10/27/14 (PDF) for steps on creating your Login ID.
- Payroll Spreadsheet – Basic: is the new basic spreadsheet with no added formulas by MnDOT that works with 2007, 2010, and newer Microsoft Excel for use on MnDOT projects specifically it does include the MnDOT value codes needed for payroll import into the CRL system. This spreadsheet should be used if your computer system has troubles with the other two provided Payroll Spreadsheets. Do not use the "general-purpose version of the payroll spreadsheet" on the Cloverleaf website under the spreadsheet conversion tool link below. You may use the Excel zoom feature to increase the form size on your screen. All worksheets are protected in the Payroll Spreadsheet Conversion Utility workbook (Updated 10/16/14).
- Payroll Spreadsheet – Formulas: This is the Basic Spreadsheet with MnDOT added Formulas and Pop-up features which should aid in enter information onto the Payroll Form worksheet (Updated 10/16/14).
- Payroll Spreadsheet – Formulas & Names: This is Basic Spreadsheet with Formulas, Pop-ups, and a worksheet to enter Employee Information which can then be accessed through a dropdown arrow on the Payroll Form worksheet to populate the employee fields. If you want to remove the employee name just reselect the “Select Employee” title and the name is removed from the cells. Please follow the direction on the “Employee Information” worksheet of the workbook to populate that page (Updated 10/16/14).
- Use spreadsheet conversion tool to convert the spreadsheet to XML format — converter is located at the bottom of the tool link page. (Do not use the "general-purpose version of the payroll spreadsheet" on that website.)
- Use XML resource kit which allows contractors to work with their payroll vendors to export payrolls to XML format. Provides all required schemas to allow conversion to XML format.
- Look up all system job classifications (XLS, .1 MB) to be used on MnDOT projects. This is the second tab on the payroll spreadsheet. This will house all job classifications associated with MnDOT projects.
- CRL support contacts (PDF, .1 MB) are your first line of contacts when you have issues with your CRL payroll process. Contact the person in the MnDOT District Office (Map, PDF, 1 MB) where the project is located.