Aircraft Registration online services
Attention aircraft owners and registrants
In support of the Governor’s Stay Safe MN order we strongly encourage
you to pay your bill by credit card or E-check online. To pay online you will need
your aircraft N-number and the Owner Access Code which you will find on the upper right
corner of your bill. You may also send payment by mail, however no payments will be
- Pay Your Bill Online is down for maintenance.
- Update Or Lookup An Aircraft Registration in Minnesota
To lookup basic aircraft registration information, you need only the Aircraft N-Number. If you are an aircraft owner, you may also enter the Owner Access Code associated with the N-Number to check your registration status, update address, contact, insurance and base airport information, and if payment is due, choose to pay your bill.
- Search The FAA Civil Aircraft Registry
Search the Federal Aviation Administration civil aircraft registry.
Is your aircraft part of a lease agreement?
If you or your business engage in any of the following activities:
- Sell aircraft to customers located in Minnesota
- Lease aircraft to customers in Minnesota
- Rent aircraft to customers in Minnesota
You must use the new "Aircraft Sales" tax line found on the Department of Revenue's e-Services website.
Also, if you or your business are required to report use tax on taxable transactions, including those under a Direct Pay Permit or your own use of business assets, you must use the new "Aircraft Use" tax line found on the Department of Revenue's e-Services website.
Learn more about adding aircraft tax lines to your sales and use tax account or see Adding Aircraft Tax Lines to your Sales and Use Tax Account (PDF).
- Please use the online Aircraft Registration Application for first time registrations. Once this application is received you will receive a bill and an access code (on the top, right corner of your bill) in the mail. With this access code you can pay your bill AND your sales/use tax online.
- Download Aircraft Registration Application and Sales/Use Tax Return (Word). This form will help you calculate and pay your sales and use tax. Once this form is received you will receive a bill in the mail for your aircraft registrations fees.
Sales/Use Tax Calculation
MnDOT - Office of Aeronautics
Aircraft Registration Unit
395 John Ireland Blvd
St. Paul, MN 55155-1800
Sales and Use Tax
For information regarding sales and use tax
contact the Aircraft Registration Unit listed above, or contact Jeff Gintz, Minnesota Department of Revenue, 651-556-6732.
Aircraft Dealer's License
Learn more information on obtaining an Aircraft Dealer's License or contact:
Leanne Gaiovnik - 651-425-1960 - email@example.com.
Federal Aviation Administration
Minneapolis Flight Standards District Office -