Americans with Disabilities Act
All MnDOT projects - both new construction and rehabilitation projects - must include evaluation to ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Components can include, but are not limited to adding curb cuts, truncated domes and accessible pedestrian signals. Read about MnDOT's transition plan to comply with the ADA.
Specifics for this project
- Pedestrian ramp and sidewalk replacement
- Investigate the potential for wider sidewalks
- Investigate the potential for a shared-use path
- Investigate construction of curb extensions (bump-outs) at select intersections.
- The purpose of a curb extension is the shorten pedestrian crossing width to help reduce traffic speeds.